Saturday, August 11, 2007

In the Dog House




Yesterday I was a bad boy. My mommy took me to the park where they have off-leash doggie time every day from 5-7p. At first I visited with a few other pooches, but then a squirrel caught my attention and I took off across the park. My mommy tried to keep up with me, but she couldn't run very well because of her back so I just kept running farther and farther away. I chased squirrel after squirrel up trees (if I could only just catch one!!) and I even ran after a few pigeons. After a while, I didn't even hear my name being yelled because I was concentrating so hard. Finally my mommy caught me, with the help of a stranger, and boy was she mad at me! I had a little time-out once we got home. I tried to tell mommy that I was just being a dog, but she said she was so worried about me. I don't think I will get to go to the dog park for a while. I guess I got mommy back for some of the embarassing things she has done to me...






6 comments:

Balboa said...

That santa outfit with the boots is just wrong. Mommy tried to make me wear boots in the winter and I made sure she knew how much I hated them!!!!!!

I thought I had added you to my cool dogs list, I'll try it again!

Frenchie SNorts
Balboa

Balboa said...

Oh, Daddy was gonna name me Vito (for the Godfather Vito Corleone) or Bambino (Babe Ruth) but friends chose those names for their dogs. So he decided on BALBOA, I htink it was meant to be.

fee said...

i got here from agatha and archie's – very nice to meet you! you're really cute, esp in that red jersey!

loves,
fee

Agatha and Archie said...

Oh Boy Are you in hot water!! That is why we aren't allowed off !! We would run to East Boston!! We went to Earthdog Trials again today and Archie got to go!! He went right into the tunnel! I was like a stealth missile..right in and quiet as a cuke..until I saw THEM!!! I passed the first level(Intro To Quarry ) Arch almost passed just has to practice a little!! luv,A+A

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hey Lucky!! Met you from A&A's...terriers do rule!! You are one cute dog...we have a santa suit waiting for us worn by our brother who's in heaven now. No, it wasn't the suit that did him in...he just got very old. Wow...running away at the park. Your poor mommy...I bet she didn't know whether to hug or time you out...looks like the time out won! Come and visit our blog; we're newbies at this too!! Scruffy & Lacie

from Pittsburgh

Stanley said...

Lucky!!

I understand the squirrel chasing urge! I can barely control myself in their presence. Sounds like you're even more militant than I am.

In that last photo in the santa suit it looks like you're doing the... hokey pokey?? Sooooooo not right!!

Goober love & sympathy,
Stanley